Did you know that 95% of parents want physical education included in a school curriculum and 92% of students want to receive physical education (PE)? Did you also know that according to Harvard Medical School Professor of Psychiatry Dr. John Raney, PE “optimizes alertness, attention, motivation and mental health” among students? Throughout the school year, Jerome Harris and the Urban K Life team have been visiting the Clyde C Miller academy in North St. Louis and teaching a “PE” Golf Skills class to a select group of students during the school day. Through the course, students have learned basic swing mechanics, terms on golf, and have even “busted” out some fun rhymes to learn about golf etiquette when out on the course.
- Natalie Long Becomes Second PGA WORKS Fellow for the Gateway PGA REACH Foundation & Gateway PGA
- 60th Annual St. Louis Publinx Golf Tournament donates $1000 to the Clarence Voigt Memorial Scholarship Fund
- John Guerra represents the Gateway PGA Section at Drive, Chip & Putt National Finals
- Congrats and Farewell to our First PGA WORKS Fellow, Fernando Molina
- Boys & Girls Club Golf Programming Begins