The Gateway PGA Junior Tour had another successful season in 2018. There were 3200+ rounds of golf played by Junior Tour Participants in 100+ contests. Our 2-Day events continue to be the staple of the Junior Tour with our best players competing at some of the best golf facilities in the area. Our Junior PGA Championship Qualifier continues to be our most competitive event, the overall boy and girl winners from that event qualify to compete in their respective Junior PGA Championships. For the second year we conducted our Race to the Junior PGA Championship, which allows one boy and one girl, in addition to the previous qualifiers, the opportunity to compete in the national Junior PGA Championship. The Girls Jr. PGA Championship was hosted by Kearney Hills Golf Club in Lexington, KY and our Section representatives were Brooke Biermann (St. Louis Post Dispatch All-Metro Girls Golfer of the Year) and Sarah Bell (Oral Roberts University Freshman Standout). The Boys Jr. PGA Championship was hosted by Valhalla Golf club in Louisville, KY and our Section representatives were Max Kreikemeier (Missouri State Commit) and Zach Shirley(St. Louis Post Dispatch 3rd-Team All-Metro).
- Natalie Long Becomes Second PGA WORKS Fellow for the Gateway PGA REACH Foundation & Gateway PGA
- 60th Annual St. Louis Publinx Golf Tournament donates $1000 to the Clarence Voigt Memorial Scholarship Fund
- John Guerra represents the Gateway PGA Section at Drive, Chip & Putt National Finals
- Congrats and Farewell to our First PGA WORKS Fellow, Fernando Molina
- Boys & Girls Club Golf Programming Begins